Saturday, February 13, 2010

slogging thru winter, lowcountry style






it's the middle of february, and we had actual snow last night. usually by now, there are many days in succession of wonderfully warmer weather. by now, i am thinking of plants and flowers and outfoxing the deer. not this year. this year, it's one day after another of either sunny, cold, and wind, or cloudy and damp. ocean damp, bone chilling damp. so my husband and i spend our days at work going from yard to yard picking up debris from the last storm. it's getting just a bit old. i know those of you who live where the snow has been falling daily, weekly, monthly, hold no sympathy for me. i totally understand. but, doggonit! we moved down here to escape some of this miserable stuff called winter weather! i used to make fun of older folks who moved to florida. i was blind, but now i see...their reasons. the bright spot in this long and tedious winter has been my family. my husband has taken up cutting fish out of aluminum and painting them,,mounting them on salvaged pieces of wood. we are being surrounded by wonderfully painted, colorful fish! my daughters are great sources of joy and humor and good news. i recently learned that my youngest is pregnant. my oldest daughter reminds me that i am so blessed to have God-fearing and loving children. so,,let winter flail her fury. i am peaceful and it is well with my soul.

3 comments:

LL said...

omg i LOVE these fish!!!

Marc said...

Hey, Sue. Like your blog! (and the fish).

Now of course we expect you to keep the posts coming...

Freethehumanbeings said...

These fish are great! It's so cool that Steve is doing that. I'm very impressed.

I'm with Marc. Keep the posts coming!